Five little things…

As I’ve already mentioned, in just over two weeks I’m heading to Austin, Texas for QuiltCon. The Modern Quilt Guild are hosting a linky party for those of us going to find out a little more about each other. And to show a photo of ourselves so when we meet, it will be a little easier to recognise people. Here I am with my youngest, Violet:

Me and V

And here are five random things you may not know about me:

I do not clean toilets.
Not ever. I married a man who is clean and tidy by nature (some might call him anal – ok, so I’m the one who calls him that, but not without good reason!). I just will not clean the toilet. It’s gross. And the Mr does it for us so nope, you’ll never catch me with a loo brush in hand.

I swear like a sailor.
My language is best described as atrocious gutter talk. I’m also direct and I speak my mind. I don’t mean to offend people but I’m certain I do. It gets me in trouble.

I love biology.
In high school I was a bio nut and my weekend job was as a pharmacy assistant where I learnt about all kinds of interesting diseases. After leaving school, I worked for radiologists as the darkroom technician, when they used real film (back in the day!) and I was convinced I wanted to become a radiographer. Then I assisted with barium enemas. Change of career path right there.

We were married on April Fools Day.
My Great-Gran and Pop were also married on April Fools Day. I didn’t know this until after I was married.

I love to cook.
And I’m pretty good at it. BUT, I can’t cook toast or rice. I almost always burn the toast and let’s not even start on the rice. The Mr bought me a rice cooker for Christmas, bless his little cotton socks.

17 thoughts on “Five little things…

1. Colleen Molen

Oh good grief Jules! I just read this, and after meeting you I can hear it in your voice (which, by the way, I have not heard curse even once while here). I just about spit out my coke I am laughing so hard. I am so glad I got to meet you. You are truly amazing and I am so thankful for all your help! Also, I’m a good cook too and can’t make rice either.

2. Christy

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I’ve been reading some of the blog posts by other QuiltCon attendees and there seems to be quite a few who admit to swearing like a sailor. ;)
    I think Austin may be in for quite a shock! See you soon.

3. Felicity

I’m going to stop feeling smug for travelling “all the way” from Canada now! You’ll have to bring your laugh and salty language and sit by me. We’ll terrify small children together. :)

1. procrasticraft Post author

Wow Wendy, Montreal is a long way from home!! What takes you there? Canada is such a beautiful country and the people I know there are just lovely. It would have been great if you were going, I’d love another Canberra-ite to hang with. Thanks for stopping by. Jules Xx

4. Holly

I’m still so impressed that you’re coming all the way from Australia to go to QuiltCon! I also love biology and my rice cooker!

5. Cath

I am sure you will have a blast at Quiltcon! I am starting on my first quilt tomorrow at GWSMQG sew-along…spurred on by Sheridan to start Sarah Fielke’s new BOM. I love my rice cooker – perfect rice, every time!

1. procrasticraft Post author

Hi Cath
      I wish you could come with me! I saw a picture of your first ever block on Sarah’s Facebook page – congratulations, it’s beautiful.
      When we get the Canberra MQG up and going, we need to do a combined GWS/CMQG somewhere like Goulburn for a big quilty day out! Xx

6. Audrie

I swear and am very direct too. People tend to think I’m a bitch. It’s fine with me. And don’t feel bad about the rice… I’m Chinese and can’t cook rice well. I grew up with a rice cooker so cooking rice on the stove is a new concept to me. The toast thing… well… that’s all you.

I love hearing what you have to say, please leave a comment here, thanks :) I will reply to your comment here however if you would prefer a private response, please email me :: procrasticraft {at} gmail {dot} com

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s